Top 10 Common Side Effects of Fat Burners
Top 10 Common Side Effects of Fat Burners
What are Fat Burners?
Fat burners aren’t magic pills,they’re just supplements. That means that even though they’re designed with ingredients that can really give you an extra boost to help burn fat, they can’t replace a solid diet and exercise plan.
But as part of a complete, healthy plan to lose weight, fat burners can definitely play a role.
How Fat Burners work
The best fat burners contain thermogenic ingredients that help boost your body’s metabolism, burn belly fat, and suppress appetite. Most of the best fat burning supplements also contain ingredients that help increase energy levels, making it easier to power through your day without feeling fatigued and cranky.
. As registered nutritionist Paul Salter explains in the article “Your No-BS Guide to Effective Weight Loss,” a concise diet and exercise is the best way to get results.
Do Fat Burners really work?
Studies and research work carried out in the past few years have shown that they eventually turn out to be a bane. Despite the fact that fat burning supplements can speed up the weight loss process, they can even have some serious side effects.
In this article, we have compiled Top 10 List of side effects associated with fat burning supplements.
- Your ability to sleep can be affected by fat burner supplements because of the increased heart rate and metabolism caused by ephedrine or caffeine present in the fat burner pills
- You might wake frequently during the night, or may even have difficulty falling asleep.
- Caffeine has been classified as a psychoactive medicine which directly influences your nervous system.
- This side effect becomes even more pronounced because of the other added stimulants such as ginseng.
- Your immune system also gets weakened because of the inability of your body to get sufficient rest. This can lead to extreme fatigue.
- You may also become more susceptible to ailments such as common cold or flu.
- Green tea extracts are one of the common ingredients of fat burner supplements that increases your metabolism rate and has diuretic properties.
- Intake of green tea based fat burner supplements can possibly lead to dehydration because of the increased urination.
- Dehydration is a dangerous condition, especially during workouts or hot weather.
- It is found that ephedrine plus caffeine are together type of fat burner which can source dehydration whereas to speed up weight loss.
- Dehydration can source headaches plus and in some cases failing if performing the severe exercise
3.Gastrointestinal side effects
- Fat burners are also known to contain ingredients that may have laxative effects.
- This can cause discomfort to your gastrointestinal system including stomach, intestines and bowels.
- Stomach upset and irritation can also occur as a side effect of the stimulant herbs.
- Along with the abdominal pain, you may also experience intestinal gas.
- The fat burner supplements increase the metabolism rate which in turn stimulates the bowels to work faster, this leads to diarrhea.
- According to the National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine, the supplements containing stimulants can even cause vomiting and nausea along with diarrhea.
- You must avoid using supplements containing stimulants if you are on medications to control any gastrointestinal problems or if you have a pre-existing condition that affects your gastrointestinal system.
- Fat burners naturally work by heat up your body.
- They boost your metabolism and cause you to burn fat at a higher resting rate to accelerate weight loss.
- Certain researchers state that famous fat burner ephedrine comprises side effects counting improved heart rate plus blood pressure.
- Superior heart rate plus blood pressure will set you at increased danger of decreased circulation.
- Use of fat burners for longer periods of time has been linked with subsequent liver damage.
- According to a report published in 2014, a particular fat burner supplement caused over 100 cases of hepatitis infection and liver inflammation.
- Few people taking such fat burner supplements had to be hospitalized and even undergo liver transplants.
- The said fat burner was immediately removed from the market. It is one of the severe fat burner side effects.
- In the worst case fat burner supplements may result in death.
- Dietary supplements containing ephedrine are illegal in the United States, with the exception of those used in traditional Chinese medicine, where its presence is noted by má huáng.
- According to the Food and Drug Association, there have been cases where people have experienced life threatening side effects including stroke, heart attack and sudden death because of the consumption of questionable supplements for weight loss.
- In fact, ephredine, which is a primary ingredient of fat burner supplements was suspected of at least being partly responsible for the death of a prominent athlete.
- Because of this, FDA has banned the use of fat burning pills containing ephedrine.
- People who have a history of heart disease and high blood pressure or people with heart conditions who have not yet been diagnosed stand at a heightened risk for such serious side effects.
7. Hunger Suppression
- Hunger is covered up by controlling the body’s chemicals plus hormones to trick the brain into feeling packed.
- Suppressants which take away general hunger are called noradrenergic drugs.
- These drugs are frequently cousins of amphetamines which work by triggering fight-or-flight hormones than interrupt the body’s hunger signal to the brain.
- The plan is to activate a sense of well-being which distracts you as of the need to consume more.
- Harmful side effects for men of these drugs differ from an anxious feeling to a heart attack.
- The FDA also suggests that supplements which claim to burn fat may cause harmful interactions with your prescription medicines.
- According to the health care providers at the University of Maryland Medical Center, fat burner supplements based on green tea extracts can diminish or enhance the effects of several prescription medications.
- For instance, in some chemotherapy medications, adenosine which acts as a blood thinner is administered into the body of the patients to stabilize heart rhythms.
- Green tea can interfere with the working of adenosine.
- Similarly, it can interfere with lithium used for treating bipolar disorder, MAOIs used to treat anxiety and depression, and with clozapine which is used as an antipsychotic.
- Make sure that you have discussed with your health care provider before taking these supplements.
- Green tea extract is also one of the major ingredients of some of the most popular fat burner supplements available in the market. Although green tea extract plays an important role in promoting fat metabolism, it has been found in several studies that it is responsible for promoting increased anxiety.
- The University of Maryland Medical Center suggests that if you are suffering from anxiety, it’s better to stay away from green tea products.
- Another major side effect of fat burner supplements is psychosis, or distorted sense of reality.
- Several fat burner supplements have properties similar to that of the banned drug, methamphetamine.
- Symptoms such as mood swings, distress, severe anxiety and paranoia are very common in those who take such supplements in high doses.
- The risk of the side effects increases greatly when caffeine or other supplements are added to the equation.
- These stimulants come into picture either from exterior sources, such as beverages and caffeinated drinks or ingredients within the supplements.
- Fat burner supplements may prove to be especially dangerous if you have been diagnosed with or at risk for an emotional disorder such as anxiety and depression.
- Heart palpitations are another common side effect of fat burner supplements which are characterized by irregular and accelerated heart rhythms.
- Potentially harmful ingredients found in fat burner supplements can lead to some serious side effects, such as heart palpitation.
- Most of the fat burner supplements claim to work by inspiring the process of thermogenesis. It causes the blood to move faster throughout the body, thus elevating heat and leading to fat loss. However, studies have suggested that this process is not a safe or effective means of weight management.
- Possible change of heart rhythm and increased heart rate could lead to life threatening problems.
- A fat burner helps you to move towards your weight management goal, as an element of your diet plus teaching regime. Remember that taking supplements does not mean that you do not need a balanced diet or exercise to lose weight.
- Fat burners may seem to be an easy way to get rid of unwanted fat, but the truth is that these unhealthy supplements will not give fruitful results if you are solely dependent on them. It is an undying fact that the secret to a toned body is a balanced combination of exercise and diet. So think twice before you spend your hard-earned money on these over-the-top fat burning supplements available in the market. Beware of the list of above Fat burner side effects.
In fact, the safest and the recommended method for weight management and improved wellness is healthy balanced diet coupled with regular physical activity. You can even seek the guidance of a qualified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist in order to achieve your weight related goals.