What are Lionel Messi Workout Routine diet, workout, and training secrets?
A day prior to the match, Lionel Messi’s diet plan comprises fish/prawn/chicken, along with boiled potatoes, green vegetables, and fruits to strengthen the muscles and repair the body tissues.
Messi has identified five key foods – water, olive oil, whole grains, fresh fruit, and fresh vegetables – as the foundation for Messi’s dietary regime. “Also very good are nuts and seeds,” Poser explained and has also advised his client to cut down on the sugar. “[Sugar] is the worst thing for the muscles
One of the best football players in the history of the game, Lionel Messi has gotten better with every new season. It is no secret that the talisman is quite formidable even in his thirties, but there is some secret behind his strong physique and performance.
Let’s have a look at Messi’s diet plan and workout routine:
Messi’s “favorite recipe” was revealed by Barcelona to be roasted chicken with root vegetables. The club shared the recipe with supporters on its official website and it goes as follows:
- 30g olive oil
- Four smashed garlic gloves
- One onion
- One bunch of carrots
- One leek
- 700-800g potatoes
- Four chicken thighs
- Fresh thyme
The instructions for cooking Messi’s favorite dish using the above ingredients are simple: Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade, add oil and salt to a roasting tray, then add chopped vegetables and chicken. Once prepared, roast for 45 minutes at 190 degrees.
Since 2014, Lionel Messi’s diet has consisted largely of fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and whole grains. On the day of a match, he’s been known to eat porridge or egg whites for breakfast, followed by fruit.
The stringent diet plan Messi:
- Messi always sticks to a strict diet plan and doesn’t let the energy level drop at any time even on no match days.
- About ten days before a football match, he cuts down the intake of carbohydrates altogether.
- His diet includes three protein shakes during the course of the day, besides 7-8 glasses of plain water.
- Messi starts the intake of vegetable soup five days prior to a match, which includes various ingredients, such as turmeric, chili powder, coriander, and ginger. All of these ingredients help in the thinning of the blood.
- A day prior to the match, Lionel Messi’s diet plan comprises fish/prawn/chicken, along with boiled potatoes, green vegetables, and fruits to strengthen the muscles and repair the body tissues.
- An hour and a half before the match, Messi usually eats seasonal fruits, which generally include mango, apple, banana, etc.
The importance of a healthy diet cannot be undermined by any athlete if he or she is committed to increasing the chances of performing better in any given sport. Messi understandably prefers a balanced diet plan to get proper nutrition and strength. For the midnight meal, Messi loves to have pasta, along with a tad of tuna, while his soup intake is always good.
A precise workout routine to complement the nutrition:
When it comes to the workout routine, Messi often focuses on maximizing his agility before the match day. His workout is divided into different sections.
- Messi practices the pillar bridge-front, lunges, hamstring stretches, and pillar skips.
- He also looks to strengthen his core and leg muscles, alongside doing different acceleration drills to boost his pace.
- Messi’s workout routine is often intended to maximize his multi-directional speed.
- He also uses pillar skips, skipping ropes, and squats to build his leg muscles.
- He improves his lateral movement by skipping past diagonal hurdles, cones, and other obstacles.
- Messi drinks plenty of water to keep himself hydrated and jogs for five to ten minutes to cool down his body temperature.
MORE GUIDES ABOUT NUTRITION AND WORKOUT:
According to Pinata, the Argentine’s workouts revolve mainly around making sure his body is up to speed – literally. He focuses on maximizing his agility before each matchday and working on his linear speed.
In order to build his speed, his workout is divided into different sections which contain several exercises. In terms of basic movement, he practices the pillar bridge-front, lunges, hamstring stretches, and pillar skips. He also uses the hurdle hop as well as split squats in order to strengthen his core and leg muscles. To end his portion of the workout, he does different acceleration drills to boost his pace.
The next step of the linear speed workout is to maximize his multidirectional speed. Messi uses the exercises of pillar skips, skipping ropes, and squats to further build his leg muscles. For agility, he skips past diagonal hurdles, cones, and other obstacles to improve his lateral movements. At the end of each workout, drinks plenty of water to keep himself hydrated and then jogs for five to 10 minutes to cool down.
Lionel Messi is known for being one of the best football players in the world. Messi is a proud winner of multiple championships and awards and he has incredible speed, control, and striking ability.
He has, throughout his career, overcome many physical obstacles to get where he is today. At a very young age, he was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency, followed by a string of harrowing injuries. Messi is a perfect example of someone who never gives up.
Within this article, we’ll discuss Lionel Messi’s workout routine, diet, and supplements:
- Height: 170 cm – 5’6″
- Weight: 68 kg – 130 pounds
- Age: 34 years old – 2022
- Birthday: 24th of June, 1987
- Accolades: FIFA World Player of the Year, Winner, 2009
During the season, Messi has confirmed that he works out every day. Messi doesn’t have a strict workout routine regime like his former rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
His workouts involve making sure his body is up to speed. He focuses on maximizing his ability before each game day and he also works on his linear speed.
Lionel Messi’s Workout Routine
- When it comes to Lionel Messi’s workout routine, consists of multi-directional speed and linear speed training. Messi also focuses on weight training and stretching.
- He has three key factors which are strength, speed, and stretching. It has been reported that Messi stretches for over an hour every day in the La Liga season.
- His routines are mixed up into 2 different sections, that feature several exercises.
Here is Lionel Messi’s workout routine:
Linear Speed Workout
Lionel Messi performs this linear speed routine by doing a total of 12 different exercises with an average of 2 sets and 4 reps.
Here is Lionel Messi’s linear speed routine:
- Pillar bridge (2 sets, 30 seconds reps)
- Knee hug lunge (1 set, 4 reps each side)
- Inverted hamstring stretch (1 set, 4 reps each side)
- Pillar skip (15 yards on each side)
- 2-Foot rapid response (2 sets, 5 seconds)
- Hurdle hop (2-3 sets, 5 reps)
- Split squat jump (2-3 sets, 4 reps each side)
- Acceleration wall drill marching (2 sets, 5 reps each side)
- Acceleration wall drill single exchange (2 sets, 5 reps each side)
- This wall drill triple exchange (2 sets, 5 reps each side)
- Acceleration split stance (3-5 sets, 10 yards per rep)
- Acceleration to base (3-5 sets, 10 yards per rep)
Multi-Directional Speed Workout
Messi hits this multi-directional speed routine by doing a total of 12 exercises.
Here is Lionel Messi’s multi-directional speed routine:
1. Pillar bridge (2 sets, 30-second reps)
2. Knee hug lunge (1 set, 4 reps each side)
3. Inverted hamstring stretch (1 set, 4 reps each side)
4. Pillar skip (10 yards on each side)
5. 2-Foot rapid response (2 sets, 5-second rep)
6. Hurdle hop (2-3 sets, 5 reps each side)
7. Lateral bound (2-3 sets, 4 reps each side)
8. Lateral shuffle to cut (2-3 sets, 4 reps each side)
9. 3-hurdle drill stabilization (2-3 sets, 3 reps)
10. 3-hurdle drill continuous (2-3 sets, 3 reps)
11. 3-hurdle drill to drop-step (2-3 sets, 3 reps each side)
12. Mirror drill (3-4 sets, 5-10-second reps)
Lionel Messi’s Diet
Lionel Messi follows a strict diet plan so he can keep his energy up on the football field. When the game is near he cuts down his intake of carbohydrates.
Before the game, he eats a lot of fish, prawns, and chicken with green vegetables and fruits. This helps him to strengthen his muscles.
Here is Lionel Messi’s diet:
- Fresh fruit
- Whole grains
- Fresh vegetables
- Brown rice
Lionel Messi uses the following supplements to help fuel his gains:
Lionel Messi holds various records and titles to his name, and he has achieved a huge name in the football industry. Messi became a popular name in football from the age of 5.