Healthy Recipes | 10 Brilliant Gluten-Free Breakfast Ideas
Healthy Recipes | 10 Brilliant Gluten-Free Breakfast Ideas-10 Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes
Ten gluten free breakfast ideas special enough for holiday brunch, and still practical enough for a hearty, make-ahead weekday breakfast.
You may find yourself staring longingly at waffles at brunch or coveting the blueberry muffins on display at your local coffee shop. Not to fear, breakfast as you knew it isn’t lost forever. These 10 recipes range from classic morning goods to colorful and trendy breakfast bowls, and best of all, they’re all gluten-free.
1. Banana Oat Pancakes
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup to serve (optional)
- fresh fruit of your choice to serve
How To make Banana Oat Pancakes
In a blender, combine the peeled banana, eggs, oats, baking powder and salt.
Allow to blend until the mixture is as smooth as you want it and blended well. Allow the batter to stand for 10-20 minutes until thickened slightly.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides.
Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit of your choice.
2.Potato and Broccolini Frittata
Frittatas are a great way to elevate your eggs. Broccolini, similar in flavor to broccoli, adds fiber and vitamins C and A to this easy-to-make dish.
- 8 small waxy potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 cup vegetable broth (chicken broth will work for non-vegetarians)
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 8 ounces broccolini, trimmed and halved lengthwise or chopped into 1-inch pices
- 1 small red or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large ovenproof frying pan, preferably a 12-inch skillet. Add the broth, bring to a boil, and cook for 10 minutes, turning the potatoes often, until almost all the stock has been absorbed and the potatoes are tender
- 2. Add the olive oil, broccolini, and onion to the pan and cook for 1 minute, turning the vegetables to coat them in the oil. Cover, reduce the heat ever so slightly, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the broccolini is softened
- 3. Meanwhlie, preheat the broiler and beat the eggs with half the cheese and pour it over the vegetables in the pan. Cover and cook over medium-ish heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until the eggs are almost set.
- 4. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the frittata then slide it under the broiler just until the top is golden and the eggs are set throughout, 5 to 6 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing into wedges or squares.
This pancake batter is loaded with fruit and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Banana, mango, and blueberry make up three of the seven ingredients in this delicious recipe.
- 120 g plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml milk
- 100 g mango compote
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp butter ((for cooking))
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup blueberries
HOW TO MAKE MANGO PANCAKES
- First, start by cutting and dicing your fresh mango. Add the fruit to a blender with the white granulated sugar and blend until smooth.
- Next, melt the butter and give it a chance to cool down. You don’t want to add it in too hot since we are working with eggs.
- Add the mango mixture, milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla extract to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Next, in a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add the flour mixture to your mango mixture and whisk together until all the flour mixture is incorporated into your wet ingredients.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Next, add your batter 1/4 cup at a time to the skillet. Make sure the pancakes do not touch and there is enough room in the pan for you to comfortably flip them over.
- Cook the mango pancakes for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. You’ll know it’s time to flip once the bubbles on top of the batter have finished popping. You should see tiny holes and that’s when you flip over. They should be very easy to flip.
- Finally, serve the pancakes with syrup and fresh fruit on top if desired and enjoy!
4: 7-Ingredient Vegan Waffles
This seven-ingredient recipe only takes 30 minutes to prepare. It’s simple, easy, and healthy. Try whipping up a double batch and freezing the leftovers. Then during the week, pop one in the toaster for a waffle on the go.
View the recipe.
5.Stewed Breakfast Apples
This is a great, hearty meal that’s perfect for a chilly morning. Pair the stewed apples and blueberries with a handful of your favorite granola for a fibrous and nutrient-rich breakfast.
This is also a great make-ahead breakfast. Make it over the weekend and then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
View the recipe.
6.Zen Quinoa Bowl
Super grain quinoa serves as the base for this nourishing savory breakfast bowl. The protein will keep you going until lunch, and all the veggies will help you start your day on a healthy note. Feel free to substitute tofu for the eggs to make it vegan.
- 6 egg whites or 100g extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped broccolini or broccoli
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup kale, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup deli sprouts or micro-greens
HOW TO MAKE Zen Quinoa Bowl
1. Heat a wok or saucepan at medium to high heat.
2. In a small bowl mix together the spices and salt and pepper.
3. When the wok/pan is nice and hot add in broccolini, carrot, and mushrooms and a splash of water, cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetable become tender.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add in the kale and cherry tomatoes and spice mix, continue sauteing until the kale is wilted, add little splashes of water as needed so the vegetables do not stick or burn.
5. Squeeze in the juice of half a lime and pour in the egg whites. Allow the egg whites to sit for a minute until they begin to cook through, then scramble them together with the vegetables. (If you are using tofu just scramble with the vegetables until the tofu begins to brown slightly or heats through).
6. Once the eggs are cooked fully, transfer the mixture to a bowl with quinoa and top the quinoa.
7. Top the vegetable mixture with sliced avocado and sprouts, and garnish with another squeeze of lime and some additional salt and pepper if preferred.
7.Acai Berry Bowl
“Ice cream” for breakfast? This delicious treat is chock-full of the Brazilian superfood acai, and couldn’t be more satisfying. Think of it as a smoothie you eat with a spoon. Substitute the milk with Greek yogurt for extra creamy protein.
View the recipe
8.Eggs Baked in Tomato Sauce
This one-skillet shakshuka is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner. Add vegetables of your choice to customize this meal for your tastes.
View the recipe.