The Best Supplements to Burn Fat While Building Muscle
Most people will tell you that muscle growth and fat loss can’t happen at the same time. Don’t believe them. You might lose more weight, more quickly if you focus squarely on weight loss in a training phase. The same for muscle growth. But if you’re strategic with your training and nutrition, you can achieve both goals at once—and maybe keep the gains you make for longer than if you chase one alone. In this blog you gonna know how to supplements for weight loss and muscle gain properly.
So, how can you build muscle while still losing fat when biology is working completely against you? People take diet supplements for many different reasons: to lose or gain weight, to restore lost nutrients, to build muscle tissue, to support physical functions like eyesight, to improve sleep, or to boost energy.
Before you brave the supplement aisle alone in search of a magic bullet for muscle, read on to discover which supplements registered dietitians recommend for building stronger muscles to lose fat weight.
Best supplements for weight loss and muscle gain
5 Ways Weight Loss Supplements Work?
- Curb your cravings for food (chickweed, bee pollen, fennel)
- Make you feel full before you’ve had too much to eat (guar gum, psyllium)
- Speed up your metabolism (caffeine, guarana, synephrine, B-complex vitamins)
- Slow down your body’s fat production (green tea, hydro citric acid, flaxseed)
- Keep your body from absorbing the fat in the foods you eat (chondroitin)
The Best Supplements to Burn Fat While Building Muscle; These expert-recommended supplements may help you hit those fitness goals a whole lot faster.
Best supplements for weight loss and muscle gain
#1: Whey Protein Powder
“Whey protein is not only affordable but is a very high-quality and complete protein,” says Lauren Twigge, MCN, RD, LD, founder of Lauren Twigge Nutrition
Recommended Product: GNC Pro Performance 100 Whey Protein
- Most crucial for pushing protein synthesis.
- Protein powder can also help you lose weight in other ways, like by consuming it as a meal replacement for typically high-calorie meals
- Whey is a milk protein that has a high level of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs).
- Butter digests fast and gets to your muscles rapidly to start building muscle.
- Whey also contains peptides (small proteins) that increase blood flow to the muscles.
- We recommend consuming whey protein immediately after training.
How to use Whey Protein :
- Take 20 grams of whey protein powder 30 minutes before working out and 40 grams within 60 minutes after training.
- Also, consider taking 20-40 grams of whey immediately upon waking every morning to kick-start muscle growth.
- Choose a whey powder that contains whey protein hydrolysates (whey protein broken down into smaller fragments for faster digestion) or whey protein isolate. E.g ISO- 100
How to Burn Fat While Building Muscle | Nutrition to Build and Burn | Hack Your Workouts to Build and Burn | Supplements to Build and Burn
Some of the best supplements for muscle growth also happen to be the best supplements for fat loss. Here are the ones that will be your best allies in the quest for lean gains.
Whey Isolate Protein
Whey isolate uses the “provide for the muscle, starve the fat.” technique
- Start with prioritizing high-protein foods to provide the muscles with what they need to grow.
- If you’re restricting your total daily calories to create a deficit, a whey protein isolate can help you get your protein levels close to the science-backed benchmark of 1 gram per pound of bodyweight without having to “spend” too many calories doing it.
How much Whey Isolate Protein Do you need?: 20-40 grams 1-2 times a day, either post-workout or as a snack or meal replacement anytime
Considering that you’re going to have to do both cardio and lift to build muscle and burn fat, increase strength, power, and overall muscle growth. But as Krissy Kendall, Ph.D. explains in “Why Everyone Should Take Creatine,” it also improves workout recovery and aerobic performance.
Studies have shown that creatine can help trained athletes maintain their strength and athletic ability while losing weight.
While it’s found naturally in foods like fish, red meat, chicken, and pork, creatine supplementation is a great way to build strong muscles to burn fat and lose weight, says Jenna Stangland, MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN, CLT, team dietitian for Minnesota Wild.
How Creatine Works
- When creatine goes into the muscle, it combines with phosphate to form phosphocreatine or PCR.
- PCR enables the muscle to work at high-intensity levels for a longer period of time, which allows one to train at higher volumes during resistance training.
- If you can lift heavier weights and/or work out for a longer period of time, you will see stronger muscles.
How much creatine should you take?
- 3-5 grams, taken daily. (Doing a one-week high-dose loading protocol is optional, but doesn’t give any added benefit over the long term)
Example of Reputable Creatine Supplements
- Platinum Creatine, 400 Grams
- Signature Creatine Monohydrate, 400 Grams
- Creatine 5000, 60 Servings
- Creatine Monohydrate, 500 Grams
#3 Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
Aminos are essential for athletes looking to maximize performance on low calories!
“The best supplements for building muscle are branched-chain amino acids,” says Lauren Manaker, MS, RDN, LD, a registered dietitian for Zhou Nutrition.
Including BCAAs in your workout plan may help you build healthy muscles in a natural way.
We recommend BCAA which contains the amino acids leucine, isoleucine, and valine, key amino that support muscle building and endurance.
Reasons to use BCAAs
- One, the best blends taste great
- Help hard-training athletes stay hydrated.
- They can help control fatigue during workouts.
- Help preserve muscle mass when you’re dieting
- Enhance your body’s ability to use fat as fuel when you’re low on carbs or following a low-calorie diet, as Krissy Kendall, Ph.D., explains in the article, “Should I Drink BCAAs with My Workout?“
#4 Nitric Oxide Boosters
- Nitric oxide (NO) boosters like L-citrulline and nitrates help control fatigue during workouts, delivering nutrients to working muscles.
- Help get a pump during your workouts, which is why you’ll find them in many of the best pre-workouts.
- Help you look as LEAN as possible in your latest selfie
- Most popular among athletes who need to stay lean and strong at the same time.
- L-carnitine works by shutting fatty acids into the mitochondria to be used as energy instead of stored as body fat.
- Carnitine has also been shown to preserve muscle tissue
- Boost blood flow
- Improve workout recovery
- Dosage: 1-3 grams, preferably with a carb-rich meal.
The primary role of a multivitamin is to fill nutritional gaps and make sure people get their daily allowance of under-consumed nutrients like vitamins A, C, D, E, and K, calcium, magnesium, dietary fiber, choline, and potassium
“A multivitamin may not seem like much to someone wanting to build muscle as they do not have muscle-focused nutrients, but they help in the process more than most realize,” says Trista Best, MPH, RD, LD, a registered dietitian with Balance One Supplements.
“When the body is deficient or lacking in an area, it will divert nutrients and energy to make up what is missing; when you’re building muscle for weight loss, you want all systems working efficiently and effectively—this is where a multivitamin comes in,” Best explains.
7 Ingredients Your Multivitamin Should Have-Best supplements for weight loss and muscle gain
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps our bodies absorb calcium, which is important for bone health.
- Magnesium. Magnesium is an essential nutrient
- Calcium. …
- Zinc. …
- Iron. …
- Folate. …
- Vitamin B-12.
Choosing a multivitamin
- USP verification. …
- Appropriate daily values of ingredients. …
- The right balance for your age and sex. …
- Essential micronutrients. …
- The nutrients you need.
We recommend the BEST MULTIVITAMIN: MuscleTech Platinum Multivitamin.
(Always consult with your Doctor before taking any Multi-Vitamin supplements)
Top 10 Best Multivitamin Supplements in 2021
- HealthKart Multivitamin:
- Best multivitamins for most people
- Pure Encapsulations – Nutrient 950 – Hypoallergenic Multivitamin/Mineral Formula. …
- Thorne Research Basic Nutrients 2/Day. …
- Honibe Complete Adult Multivitamin. …
- Nature Made Multivitamin + Omega-3 Gummies.
- One-A-Day Men’s 50+ multivitamin:
- Centrum Silver Women 50+ Multivitamin:
- MuscleTech Essential Series Platinum Multivitamin
- Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw One for Women
Side effects of multivitamins include:
- Dark stools.
- Abdominal pain.
Best supplements for weight loss and muscle gain
Even if you spend hours at the gym day in and day out, building strong muscles isn’t always as simple as it seems. In addition to making sure you’re eating the right foods to support your fitness goals, taking the right supplements can play a major role in how well your body responds to your exercise routine—which is especially important when you want to lose weight.
Building muscle mass can help you lose weight because muscle burns more calories than fat. Building more muscle means burning more calories, which means more weight lost!
Many examples exist of recalled dietary supplements used for weight loss and other conditions. Be on the safe side: if it sounds too good to be true — it probably is.
- Check with your healthcare provider first if you want to use a dietary supplement for weight loss.
- Review FDA recalls and Medwatch alerts to determine if there are safety issues if you choose to use a dietary supplement for weight loss.
- Always avoid buying questionable products from the Internet that may contain dangerous, unapproved, or counterfeit ingredients.