Top 10 Foods That Will Help You With Aging Process-Anti-Aging Foods
These kinds of dishes will definitely help your skin glow and reduce the aging signs like aches and other unlikeable things like pimples. So let us have a look at some of these healthy yet tasty dishes:
10 Anti-Aging Foods to Support Your 40s-and-Beyond Body
Eating specific foods isn’t going to make you look noticeably younger, and that nutrition is only one aspect of aging well.
Still, adding nutrient-dense foods to your diet can help you look and feel your best as you get older. In general, try to eat:
- healthy sources of protein
- healthy fats
- foods that are rich in antioxidants
- Avocados are rich in heart-healthy fats, fiber, and several vitamins and minerals that are essential for health
- Their high content of monounsaturated fat may help promote healthy skin by supporting a healthy skin membrane, while their high antioxidant content may fight free radicals that damage and age the skin.
- For example, one study showed that a diet rich in plant-based fats was linked to better skin health in older adults
- Considering the delicious taste and versatility of avocados, adding them to your diet is an easy way to get in extra nutrition for healthy skin.
2) Chia Seeds
- Chia seeds are among the most nutritious food items. A single ounce of them contains 11 gm of fibres which is indeed a lot.
- Besides that they also contain important nutrients like Manganese and Magnesium which are important for the body.
3) Bell Peppers
- Bell peppers are very crunchy and tasty. Along with their amazing taste they are very rich in Vitamin C and are a great source of antioxidants.
Kale is usually a part of Salad in most places. It contains a whole lot of Vitamin C and K alongside fibers. They are very crunchy which makes them a whole lot more delicious.
Salmon is among the most popular dishes on this planet. It is a type of oily fish which tastes amazing and is very nutritious. The benefits of having a Salmon in your diet are incredibly great and beneficial.
Quinoa is another very recently popular dish in the fitness conscious world of ours. The dish is a bit like Oats but contains a lot more proteins and Nutrients. It is also rich in Magnesium.
7) Extra virgin olive oil
- Extra virgin olive oil is one of the healthiest oils on earth. It’s rich in healthy fats and antioxidants that help reduce inflammation and oxidative damage caused by an imbalance of free radicals in the body
A diet rich in olive oil has been linked to a lower risk of chronic diseases, including
- heart disease
- type 2 diabetes
- metabolic syndrome
- certain types of cancer
In particular, monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) make up about 73% of olive oil. Some studies have shown that a diet rich in MUFAs may help reduce skin aging thanks to the strong anti-inflammatory effects of these healthy fats
- Extra virgin olive oil is also high in antioxidants, such as tocopherols and beta carotene, as well as phenolic compounds that also have anti-inflammatory properties
- The anti-inflammatory properties of both MUFAs and antioxidants found in olive oil were most likely responsible for this effect
- Ideally, choose cold pressed extra virgin olive oil because it’s higher in antioxidants and less processed than oils that are extracted using other methods. Try adding it to a salad or dip
Olive oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that may protect against severe skin aging and chronic disease.
If you are looking for taste alongside some plant based proteins, then this is the dish to have. Lentils are really good for health and act as a great source of much needed protein for our body.
9) Collagen Peptides
- Collagen is the body’s most abundant protein. In particular, it’s found in high amounts in the skin and joints.
- As we age, our body begins to break down collagen and produces it less effectively. This can lead to gradual signs of skin aging, such as wrinkles and sagging skin
- While this process is inevitable and a natural part of aging, consuming foods that support collagen synthesis can help keep your skin healthy for longer. These include protein-rich foods and vitamin C
- Avoiding activities that accelerate collagen breakdown can also help. These activities include sun tanning and cigarette smoking
- Furthermore, human studies have shown that consuming hydrolyzed collagen peptides — a smaller form of collagen that your body absorbs much more efficiently — may improve skin elasticity, moisture, and firmness while reducing wrinkles
- That said, many studies don’t take other lifestyle factors into account, such as protein intake, overall diet, and smoking. Plus, the body uses protein from collagen wherever it’s needed, which doesn’t guarantee it will be used by the skin
- Ultimately, it appears that consuming a diet rich in protein is key to healthy skin. Focus on eating a diet rich in protein and then take a collagen supplement if you’d like to boost your intake further
Healthy protein-rich foods to eat regularly include:
Many studies in humans have shown that consuming hydrolyzed collagen peptides improves skin hydration, elasticity, and firmness. However, limitations in the studies warrant more research.
10) Coconut Oil
This is among the best source of liquid proteins and nutrients. It is proven to reduce your belly fat and give you a whole lot of boosted energy. Alongside all this, it tastes delicious.
Red wine is an anti-aging tonic. It helps you to look younger. Research suggests that red wine has multiple benefits including keeping your heart healthy, reducing blood pressure, glowing skin, etc. Daily one or two glass of red wine may give you amazing anti-aging effects.
Top 10 Foods That Slow Down Aging Process-Anti-Aging Foods
Share Your Views In Comments Below