Before you decide to Add Weight Naturally With Food & Exercise you can determine whether you are underweight by using a Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator. This online tool considers your weight, height, age, and gender to calculate a score. If your BMI is less than 18.5, you are underweight. Your doctor also can help determine if you’re underweight based on your height, weight, what you eat, and your activity level.
A person who is underweight is likely to experience health issues, including:
- developmental delays
- a weakened immune system
- an increased risk of complication during surgery
Effective Ways to add Weight Naturally
We will be looking at some of these things in this post; we will also be looking at ten effective ways to add weight naturally. This excludes the use of drugs or other harmful things people do to add weight like binging on soda and junk foods. Below are the ten most effective and proven ways to add weight naturally.
1.Eat More Calories Than You Burn
Most thin people lose more calories than they take in; this leads to weight loss and an inability to add weight because you are spending more than you are receiving.
The most important step to take when you want to add weight is to eat more calories and make sure it is more than your body needs or more than what you burn. Surplus of calories is what makes one add weight.
To gain weight steadily but slowly; you need to consume 300 to 500 calories daily more than your body burns on a daily basis. If you want to gain weight in a fast way; then eat 700 to 1000 calories more than the actual needs of your body.
There are online applications and tools you can use to track your calorie intake.
Starches help some of the foods already listed to boost muscle growth and weight gain. They add bulk to meals and boost the number of calories consumed.
Other foods rich in starches include:
- winter root vegetables
- sweet potatoes
- whole-grain cereals
- whole-grain breads
- cereal bars
2.Consume Lots of Proteins
Protein is the class of food that helps in bodybuilding, repair, and maintenance; it is the most important nutrient if you want to gain weight, even our muscles are made of protein.
When you overfeed on proteins; all the extra calories are turned into muscles, eats lots of proteins. A good way to start is to take 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight; you can take more if you want to but this is an effective way to add weight and build your muscles.
3.Eating Many Times Daily
If your goal is to gain weight; increase your intake of carbohydrates and fats, make sure at each meal, you eat an adequate amount of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
Try to eat many times daily, remember your calorie intake must be higher than that burned; and if you can’t eat much, try to eat three large meals daily.
Avoid processed and junk foods, they are not healthy; rather eat mostly whole foods and single ingredient foods. Eat a lot of energy-rich foods; they supply the body with plenty calories and this is perfect for weight gain.
Energy-rich foods are nuts and seeds, whole milk and high-fat dairy (organic), dried fruits, grains, fats and oils, tubers and organic and grass-fed meats.
Regular exercise and increased physical activity help to convert these excess calories into muscles and not fat cells; weight lifting is recommended for this reason.
Try and go to the gym and at least three times a week and lift heavy weights; increase the weight and volume over time. Please consult with a Personal Trainer before doing this so that he can assist you while you start and a Doc to certify you fit.
If you smoke, quit it; it leads to weight loss. Smokers lose weight more than non-smokers and when they quit smoking, they gain weight. So if you want to gain weight and you are smoking, try and quit it and see how your body will revive.
If you don’t smoke; then try as much as possible to avoid second-hand smoke because it has the same effect as real smoking.
Don’t drink water before meals; this will fill up your stomach and prevent you from eating much thereby affecting your calorie intake. Eat often; try and squeeze in energy-rich snacks in between meals.
Drink lots of weight gain shakes; you can get lots of recipes online; use a bigger plate to eat because you will eat less when you use a small plate. Eat protein-rich foods and calorie-dense foods first when eating; the vegetables should be eaten last.
7.Get Quality Sleep
Quality sleep helps one gain weight; it enhances muscle growth. As an adult; try and get at least 8 hours of nightly sleep and also have naps during the day.
This supplement helps in muscle building; creatinine monohydrate is used a lot by people who want to gain weight because of its effectiveness in muscle building and weight gain. Take it according to prescription and do not overdose on it or use it indiscriminately.
9.Take Whole Fat Milk
Replace your regular conventional skimmed milk with whole fat milk; this will help you gain weight and give you 60 extra calories per glass of milk than the skimmed milk.
10.Eat Plenty of Fruits
Tropical fruits help one gain weight; this includes bananas, pineapples, mangoes, papayas, avocados and others. You can also take them as fruit juices and smoothies.
For A Healthy Weight Gain, The Following Tips Can Help:
- Eat five to six smaller meals during the day rather than two or three large meals.
- Choose nutrient-rich foods.
- As part of an overall healthy diet, choose whole-grain breads, pastas and cereals; fruits and vegetables; dairy products; lean protein sources; and nuts and seeds.
- Try smoothies and shakes
- Add healthy calories. You don’t need to drastically change your diet. You can increase calories by adding nut or seed toppings, cheese, and healthy side dishes. Try almonds, sunflower seeds, fruit, or whole-grain, wheat toast.
- Go nutrient dense. Instead of eating empty calories and junk food, eat foods that are rich in nutrients. Consider high-protein meats, which can help you to build muscle. Also, choose nutritious carbohydrates, such as brown rice and other whole grains. This helps ensure your body is receiving as much nourishment as possible, even if you’re dealing with a reduced appetite.
- Snack away. Enjoy snacks that contain plenty of protein and healthy carbohydrates. Consider options like trail mix, protein bars or drinks, and crackers with hummus or peanut butter. Also, enjoy snacks that contain “good fats,” which are important for a healthy heart. Examples include nuts and avocados.
- Eat mini meals. If you’re struggling with a poor appetite, due to medical or emotional issues, eating large amounts of food may not seem appealing. Consider eating smaller meals throughout the day to increase your calorie intake.
- Bulk up. While too much aerobic exercise will burn calories and work against your weight goal, strength training can help. This includes weightlifting or yoga. You gain weight by building muscle.